Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Behold.... the Watchman on the Tower!

Hey y'all!!

P day stated out with lunch at a place called The Perfect Blend. We had lunch with Caitlyn. We just sat down and talked. She has progressed so much. We had a lesson  with her that night. We could give her a box of Books of Mormons and she could give them all away. 

Tuesday we helped out Brother Almoney. We are starting to build a roof to go over his patio  We got two of the holes dug out. We then went back and visited Josh. He's a convert member and so we stop off and see him. His sister also stopped by and set up an appointment with us. After that, we then went down to the salvation army and visited the food pantry afterwards. The pastor Tim gave such an amazing prayer. I've determined that if you're Christian and you give a sincere prayer, it doesn't matter what church you go to, it's beautiful. I've experienced those mesmerized prayers and if you get the right person to say it, you'll feel the spirit there. 

It's been such a hot week here! Upper 80s and low 90s.  Tuesday was also my "click" day. I've officially been out two months!! And I'm not the newest missionary in the field anymore. We got a shipment of new missionaries monday night!! 

   
Wednesday was district meeting where I was able to give a lesson on acting in faith and with exact obedience. I used the new elder in our district in my lesson. We used the story of Jonah and the whale. He was Jonah and Lake Erie was the great sea! It was awesome! Latter that day we tried a referral and found out that he had since passed on... Latter we went over to a less active house and He had two new investigators for us and said that he was going to start coming to church again! We taught a short, but powerful lesson on the restoration. They liked it. 


Thursday and Friday were very uneventful except for the fact that one of our investigators is letting me borrow one of his guitars to practice on it. 
‎However Saturday, we had basket ball, but only three of us showed up. We spent the first session of conference at the church, after which we went up to the Johnston's place. They got a new Dog named Mater. Such an amazing dog!!


Sunday General Conference was amazing. We were all very sadden by the death of Elder Hales. The afternoon session was so powerful. A ton of self reflecting of "Do I really know it's true??" I can tell you that the answer to that is YES!! No other church teaches the fullness of the gospel. None. I have the priesthood. The literal power of God. The Book of Mormon is true. It contains the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end.  


"‎I believe in Christ; he stands supreme! From him I’ll gain my fondest dream; And while I strive through grief and pain, His voice is heard: “Ye shall obtain.” I believe in Christ; so come what may,  With him I’ll stand in that great day When on this earth he comes again To rule among the sons of men." 

‎-Elder Griffin


No comments:

Post a Comment